Sunday, August 17, 2014

Poppin' Into 2nd Grade!

If you didn't notice from my classroom tour, my classroom theme is a polka dot, multi colored theme!  If you know me, I am a very outgoing and peppy person so lots of colors and patterns is totally my style! I hope the kids like it to!  There is a design in the "teacher world" called "Poppin' Patterns" so that's the design I tried to base my classroom theme off this year!

So, to start off 2nd grade with a POP!, I decided to base my Open House night off on a "Popping Into 2nd Grade" theme.

Here is the bulletin board I had displayed in the back of my classroom....it included each child's name in a popcorn basket.



And here is their gift for coming to Open House..."Thanks for popping in!" :)  So creative, but yet so simple which is what teachers need the night before school starts! (Or close to at least!)


During Open House, I had numbered signs with different stations for the parents to visit, including my Meet The Teacher letter, Parent/Student Information, Holiday Party sign ups, and Conference sign ups!  It was a successful night at Open House and I can only hope the kiddos aren't as shy come tomorrow on their first day of school!  They were so quiet during Open House but I know it's because they are a little nervous and are just taking everything in :)

I can't wait to see all of my students in the morning...I probably won't get a lot of sleep tonight because I am THAT excited.

Hope you enjoyed my Open House tour, and until next time, stay safe and thank you for listening! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment