Tuesday, October 6, 2015

New Adventure...New Stress...New Found Happiness.



Hey everyone!

I'm so sorry I have been slacking terribly..but that's what happens when you start a new job? Right? Time slips away from you and before you know it, I've almost been in school for a whole month already! Wow! :)

Let me update you on the past month of my life...starting 1st grade in a brand new school! Let me tell you it has been an ADVENTURE!  And with that adventure has come alot of stress, tears, smiles, and fears...but I have found myself being happy with this stress....challenging myself in a new situation and testing myself in all sorts of different ways.  Here's to my first year in 1st grade....are you ready to jump on this journey with me?  Let's go!
First Day of First Grade!
First, let me start off by saying I have THE CUTEST group of kids!  They may be chatterboxes and have TONS of stories, but wow, do they bring joy to my life?  Every day I hope each and every one of them is there because I absolutely LOVE seeing them come in with smiling faces and anticipation to learn something new.  They are truly the best.

Aren't they cute?! :)

We have been very busy in 1st grade, learning about sight words, letter sounds, 2d & 3d shapes, iPad time, Smartboard Time (interactive whiteboard), center time and so much more!

WORD WORK:

Building sight words with Play Doh!
Building & Writing CVC words!
Stamping sight words!

MATH:
Building hexagons on the smart board!
How many ways can you make a hexagon? :)
Sorting 2d shapes by their attributes on the smart board!
Building shapes with Play Doh!
Buidling 2d shapes with marshmellows & toothpicks! :)
SCIENCE:

We have been talking alot about insects in Science so we had a visitor come talk to us all about butterflies!  And next week, we have an expert coming to talk to us about bees! :)


They have been so busy and have already turned into little self-directed learners!  They are so independent already and that is what I pride myself on in my teaching.  I want my students to be independent.  I want them to see that they can do it by themselves and don't need to depend on an adult every time they need or want something.  It's very important in today's society that they learn that independent quality because I know my parents taught it to me and wow has it taken me places!

1st Grade has started off great, and again, a new grade in a new school does bring new stress but my school family has been great, and my 1st grade team has been wonderful.  They have helped out so much and I can't thank them enough for that.  I can't wait to continue my journey here in Mason City in 1st Grade and I hope you continue it with me!

As for home life...well, it's officially fall and it's officially harvest season...so as for my dad and Kyle...well, we don't see much of them right now!  But this is their favorite time of the year, and we all need to cherish it because farmers know how to work and they know how to provide and I'm so lucky I have two dedicated farmers in my life. <3
Farm Life with my man <3
Until next time...stay safe and thanks for listening. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment