Sunday, April 28, 2013

Wrapping up Earth Day Week!

Last week in preschool, we learned about Earth Day, recycling, had the chance to pick up trash around our school, AND celebrate Miss Brittane's birthday!! The kids were spoiled the last part of the week with gorgeous weather which also put them in a great mood! 

I was not able to get many pictures of the students, and because of privacy reasons, I cannot post pictures of students because of their safety.  So I am not able to post any pictures of us picking up trash or celebrating my birthday....

but, on Friday afternoon, we had a special visitor while playing outside.  Check out the picture below to find out who! :)

Go UNI! :)
Yep, that's right!  You guessed it!  It's T.C. from UNI (University of Northern Iowa).  T.C. stands for "The Cat" and is the mascot for UNI.  As Miss Brittane was told by many of her preschoolers, "Miss Brittane, that's T.C.! I've seen him before at football games!"  Needless to say the students were very excited to see T.C. because they all know him and are all proud fans of UNI.  I'm not sure why T.C. came to visit our school, but as I found out more information, I learned that there was a UNI Spring Football game on Friday night, so perhaps he was promoting UNI to my students (as if they didn't already know what UNI was) :)!  It made for a great Friday and a great ending to an amazing week!  The students were AWESOME! :)

Also, I want to quickly recognize my assistant, Ana.  She is the assistant teacher in my classroom and she is truly the best assistant a lead teacher could ask for!  She has been so great to me and does anything I ask of her (and some things I don't even ask and she still does them) and she has been working so incredibly hard with not only me but my students as well!  So, on Friday I decided to spoil her with a latte (coffee) from Starbucks. (her favorite!!!) She was so excited! :)  I just wanted to be sure she knew how much I appreciate her and all her hard work.  

Thanks a "latte" for all the hard work you do!
Ana and I have become very close since we have began working with each other, and just recently took a trip to Chicago together.  Check out the pictures below to see the fun we had in Chicago! :)

Ana and I waiting for the bus downtown!

Birthday celebration at Arts & Spirits!  We got to paint our own canvases! :)

Well, that wraps up this post.  I have alot more to share I feel, but time can only allow for so much sharing.  Thank you all for listening and until next time, stay safe <3!

No comments:

Post a Comment