Monday, February 10, 2014

Happy 100th Day!

100th Day door decoration!
On January 29th, Clarksville Schools celebrated the 100th day of school!!!

That means that all my 2nd graders are....

100 Days smarter!!! Woohooo!

The cupcakes I made for the kiddos! :)
We enjoyed a morning of "100 day" activities, that included going to each room (Kindergarten-2nd) and completing a 100 day activity challenge.  In Kindergarten, there was a 100 cup structure challenge and a 100 piece puzzle challenge.  In 1st grade, there was the 100 exercises challenge and roll to 100 math activity.  In 2nd grade, there was the 100 book challenge (read 100 books) and 100 drops of water challenge.  Needless to say, it was a fun-filled morning of hands-on activities for the kids and they got to interact with other kids in the elementary instead of the kids in their class which they really enjoyed! :)

The afternoon wasn't quite as exciting...as this was the week for Iowa Assessments...(aka: Let's see how dumb we can make our kids look with standardized tests!)  If you can't sense my anger towards them, then ask me in person! :)  They are okay tests....but just very frustrating to classroom teachers as they are given in the middle of the year and there are 11 tests for a 7 or 8 year old!!! It's overwhelming to me, let alone my lil kids!!! Poor kids :( Luckily, I spoiled them all week :)

After Iowa Assessments, we had a 100th day party, where we enjoyed cupcakes and flavored water and worked on a "When I'm 100" project!  Keep reading in order to find out how stinkin' adorable these little old men and women turned out!!! Too cute! :)  We ended up getting out early for the day because of weather so we didn't get a chance to watch a movie or do my 100 Hershey Kiss Scavenger Hunt which I was bummed about...but that's Iowa weather for you! :)



"When I'm 100" Art/Writing Project
Well, I know it's been awhile since I've blogged, but thanks for listening and until next time...stay safe! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment