Monday, November 3, 2014

Fun Update on a Crazy Week! :)

Hi everyone!

I hope you had a great weekend and all got that extra hour of sleep!  Our kiddos and teachers all got a three day weekend because of parent teacher conferences which leads me to my first item of business:

We had 100% attendance at parent teacher conferences for my class! How exciting is that?! So, thank you to all of you awesome parents who took out 15 minutes of your crazy, busy life schedule and took time to truly care about your kiddos and come and listen to what I had to say (since I pretty much did all the talking I feel!) :)

Last week was such a crazy week! We had so many different things going on but the kiddos did awesome!

We celebrated Red Ribbon Week, which promotes saying No to drugs!  We had some fun dress up days which the kids loved! We had mismatch day, neon day, mustache day, and crazy hair day!  Check out our cute mustache class picture below along with our door decoration for the week! They LOVED the mustaches for about 30 minutes! :)

Red Ribbon Week Door Decoration! :)

My "mustache" kiddos! So cute! :)
On Halloween morning, the Clarksville police officers came to visit each classroom to talk to the kids about safety during trick or treating and then gave them a glow stick to wear the night of trick or treating!  I absolutely love that the police officers come every year to discuss rules and safety during trick or treating. It just shows how close knit of a community Clarksville is!  We want to keep everyone safe, no matter where they are at! :)

Clarksville police officer discussing safety during trick or treating! :)
We also celebrated Halloween on Thursday afternoon which obviously calls for some great treats and some great quality time together as a class making a craft!  Check out the pictures below to see what was all included in our Halloween party!

Frankensteinn Dirt Cups! :) How adorable! :) (From Sam)

Spooky Ghost Brownies (from Miss N)
Skeleton Stuffed Hands (From Landon)

Owl Craft made out of pinecones! :)
Overall we had a great crazy week of activities including Parent Teacher Conferences, Red Ribbon Week, Halloween, a tornado drill, an assembly, and so much more! Lots of stuff packed into 4 crazy days but hey, we survived and had a great week!

And before I leave you, I must post my sister and I in our Halloween costumes, because adults dress up too! :)

Green Lantern & Flash! :)
Thank you all for listening, and until next time...stay safe! <3 Happy November! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment