Monday, September 9, 2013

Four Day Week Fun!

As everyone knows, last week was a 4-day week!  Woohoo! :)

Instead of boring you with what we learned last week, how all of our students passed their spelling tests AGAIN (WOOHOO! Yea, you're right, that's not boring..that's awesome!!!), and how I finally got my first paycheck after 6 weeks without an income...whew!...I've decided to embrace this post with pictures of our classroom and students doing amazing work!

I enjoy writing to you about what we are learning and the importance of it, but I know hearing all of that can 1) Be overwhelming. 2) Be confusing. and 3) Who doesn't just enjoy looking at pictures sometimes :)!  So sit back, relax, and take a look at a few pictures from last week in 2nd grade!

(Also, pre-warnining: Some of my pictures do have the faces spray painted over because of student safety.  No, my camera is not defective...I just enjoy protecting my student's rights!)

Here, the students are working on learning describing words...also known as...Adjectives!  In this activity, the students had to write their name in the cloud and think of 5 words that described them.  Some popular words were pretty, smart, funny, spectacular, etc! :)



And here, are my wonderful two little teacher helpers!  They WANTED to check worksheets!!! Yes, they are the future teachers of America! :)  So proud of them and how hard they work for me every day!



The boys relaxing and reading in the library.  Bean bag chairs are definitely 
a "hot spot" in Miss Nederhoff's classrom! :)



One of the students enjoying Read to Self time during Daily 5 time!  
He's doing exactly what he's supposed to be doing!!! Awesome job sir! :)



There's 4 pictures to update you on our 4 day week!  Hope you enjoyed them!  Come back soon to check out more information on what's going on in our Simply Starting Second Grade year! :)

Thank you for listening...and until next time, stay safe! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment