Friday, September 20, 2013

Happy Homecoming Week!

Happy Homecoming Week from the Clarksville Indians!!! :)

This week was spent celebrating homecoming in Clarksville!  Although we don't do alot for homecoming in Elementary, I did get a few chances to participate during the week!

The senior football Moms came to me last week and asked me to make a senior video of all the football boys, including pictures from when they were babies until now!  I was so honored that they asked me and could absolutely not say NO!  So...I worked very hard to get the video done and got a chance to show it last night at Homecoming Coronation!  It went AWESOME and everyone LOVED the video!  It was so nice for me as a first year teacher to get involved in the school as well as in the community!

As for my students and our classroom, we do get to attend the parade on Friday afternoon!  And holy cow, parades in Clarksville are a BIG DEAL!!! They treat this parade like it's the town parade!  It's so cool to see such a small school and small community support this awesome tradition!  The parade included floats from every grade, every fall sport, and the homecoming candidates!  And...best part...they THREW CANDY!! WOOHOO! My kids were in heaven ;)!!!  Check out some pics from the parade!


Detonate Dunkerton!! :)


The homecoming queen and king :)


Chasing the candy!! :)


3/4 of the ice cream bucket FULL of candy!!! :)

Hope you enjoyed the pictures...as for the rest of my Friday...

It's time to go celebrate my Daddy's birthday!!!

Huge shout out to my Dad --- HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!!!

(Little does he know, Kevin, Brie, and I are going to see him out at the campground tonight!!!)

Well, thank you all for listening...and until next time, stay safe. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment