Wednesday, September 12, 2012

It's been awhile...

It has been almost a week since I have blogged...but this last weekend and past few days have been soooo busy and I just have been worn out at night!  So this post won't be long, but it'll update you on a few quick details :)

Last weekend...

Last weekend I spent the weekend in Iowa City with my two sisters, bro-in-law, and a couple friends.  We enjoyed tailgating for the Hawks game and then also went downtown Iowa City to watch the game.  Let me tell you...these busy weekends are not doing my body any good on sleep or any good on my teacher work sample..(yes, that HUGE paper I have to do) :)!  Haha, but it was a great time...and it was so much fun to hangout with my sisters and just spend some quality time together.

Tailgating crew :)


Past few days...

These past few days, I have been working with and teaching the students alot more than I was the week before.  Also, this is our first week we actually have three FULL days of school so the students might actually be able to get into a routine :)!  Things have been going wonderful and the students are learning so quickly and let me tell you....they absolutely melt my heart each and every day I am with them.  I can't believe that after this week...I only have three more weeks with them :(.  It's sad and I don't want to talk about it.  I'm going to miss all of them so much.  This week, I have now started to take over almost the entire classroom day..I am doing morning meeting, reading workshops, large group reading, math and centers.  The only thing left to take over next week is writing!  And then, I will be the full time teacher in the classroom for TWO WEEKS!  I am so excited! :)  

If you are wondering what we are learning in kindergarten...which alot of people do wonder because they can't remember that far back...I will list a few things below:

        -Math: sorting things by shape, color, size, etc., counting (Numbers 1-20), writing numbers, etc.

        -Reading: learning how to read to themselves (3 different ways to read), letters (sounds and key words), sight words (50 for kindergaten)

        -Writing: writing names, letters, numbers, etc. 

All of it sounds so basic and probably anyone thinks that they can be a teacher...and I'm not trying to brag myself up or any of my amazing friends that are teachers...but it takes a lot of patience, trust, and smiling to be a teacher.  You have to know how to communicate with children and I think I am blessed with that talent and I thank God every day for it.  

No matter how tired I am before I get to school or how much I am dreading the day...once I get to school, all worries have disappeared because those kids who walk through the door look up to me and I am their teacher, their caregiver, and most of all...their role model.  

Thank you all for listening.  Until next time, stay safe. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment