Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day Weekend 2012

Happy Monday everyone! :) Oh wait, it's Tuesday already!  What an awesome start to a week!  However, I have lots to update you on about this past weekend!  So, let's get started! :)

My week was awesome at school and we ended up getting out early Thursday AND Friday at 1:30 because it was so hot out.  Yes, I was a little bit sad ;) but, this means that my mom and I were able to get on the road alot earlier because she got out of school early also!  So, we loaded up the old Ford pickup and the boat and were on our way to Iowa City in no time.  We got on the road about 2:45 and arrived at Sugar Bottom Campground outside of North Liberty at about 4:45.  Let me tell you..it was a long two hour drive, but I got a little nap in so that was good :)!  Friday night we had BBQ pulled pork sandwiches out at the campground.  It was delicious!  Then, we called it an early night because we were all very tired.

Saturday we woke up and had hangover breakfast (no, we didn't have hangovers haha) and then decided to go out on the boat and cruise around a little bit!  Below is a picture of Brie and I supporting our Hawkeyes on the boat before going to watch the game!  It was awesome to see all of the Hawkeye gear and support on the lake!  Everyone LOVES the Hawks! :)

GO HAWKS!


Once we were done cruisin around on the boat, we then headed to a local bar to watch the Hawkeye game!  It was a nice place to watch the game with a huge T.V. and drink specials...so we were satisfied to say the least :)!  Below is a few pictures of my sisters, Paul, and I enjoying the game.  Mom and Dad also joined in on the festivities but we never got a picture of all of us :(







HAWKS WIN!!! :)







Once the game was over, we then returned to the camper where we had lasagna in the dutch oven.  YUMMY! :) I'm so happy my parents still cook over the campfire because campfire food is the best! :)  Saturday night, my friend Kelly (who lives in Solon) came out to the campground and we were able to catch up and chat for awhile!  It was so good seeing her because I have missed her alot and she's such a good friend.  We also made time to make a s'more over the campfire :)!

Sunday was the day reserved for boating!! Brie and I spent 8 hours on the boat on Sunday and we definitely got an awesome tan, sore muscles, and so many funny and amazing memories!  We had a blast!  Mom and Dad joined us for awhile on the boat, but we also had the boat to ourselves for alot of the time!  It was fun to catch up with her and spend time with her because we haven't been able to spend alot of time together since she moved to Chicago.  Here is a picture of us enjoying our day/night on the lake :)

BOAT BABES! :)


We had an awesome day out on the lake and here is a few pics of Brie and I skiing by ourselves :)





I asked Brie to do silly poses :) Haha! 
What a rockstar!







To top off a great weekend, we hit the lake for a few hours on Monday to catch a few rays and to make a few more memories!  We had lots of giggles and frightening screams (tons of fish were jumping out at me when I was skiing...call me for more details) :)!  I have never seen so many fish in my life :)!  Well, that tops off a great weekend with my family and I couldn't be more thankful to have a family that is so close and can enjoy so many amazing things all together.  I am so thankful and so blessed to have such an amazing family.  They are truly the best.  Love all of you!  

Until next time, stay safe!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment