Friday, January 11, 2013

Great news ahead...

I AM OFFICIALLY EMPLOYED!!! :)

After hours and hours of job hunting, filling out numerous applications, and depressing days with nothing to do.....I am officially employed!!!

I am now a preschool teacher at 
Community United Child Care Center in Cedar Falls, Iowa!!!  

I am so happy I can now say I am employed and even though it isn't in a school system, I find that God has led me this way for a reason and I am trusting in him to show me that this is the right decision and that nothing but greatness lies ahead of me.

Today was my first day of orientation at CUCCC and I got to meet my students....all 25 of them!  Yep, that's right! I'm in charge of 25 4 & 5 year olds! Seems crazy, but they are truly remarkable kids and have already touched my heart after only spending two hours with them.

Though my students are great as well as my assistant teacher and the staff at CUCCC, I did leave today with a little anxiety and feelings of overwhelmedness (not sure that's a word...but today I'm making it one!).  The classroom I can now call my own is wonderful, but packed with lots of stuff.  So, throughout the next week I have more training and orientation as well as lots of organizing and going through things to figure out what I want to keep and what I want to throw out!  That is the shortened version of my day, so if you would like to hear everything, give me a call and I will tell you all about it!

As I go through this journey, I will be uploading pictures of my classroom, students, and the work we are doing in the classroom!  I hope you all choose to join me in this journey and enjoy what lies ahead...

Until then, stay safe and thanks for listening to this great news I shared with you! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment