Monday, August 13, 2012

Definition of a Teacher

What is the definition of a teacher?  Does a dictionary say it all?

Stated below is Webster's exact definition of a teacher: 

       Teacher (noun) : One who teaches; a person who's occupation is to instruct.

Now, let me give you my definition of a teacher...which is a quote I have been motivated and inspired by:

"A great teacher takes a hand, opens a mind, 
touches a heart, and shapes the future." -Unknown

This may not be a definition, but in my view, it is exactly what a teacher's life and career looks like.  I am so blessed to say that I have went through four years of intense instruction, field experiences, and numerous ups and downs in the Teacher Education program at the University of Northern Iowa.  In four short months, I can officially call myself a teacher and I could not be more proud of myself.  

You may be asking yourself, "Why four months?  Isn't she done now?"  Well, I almost am, but today, I have officially begun my four month student teaching experience and I am on cloud nine.  My student teaching experience has begun and I couldn't be happier with the way it is going after just one day, but those details will come later!  As for now, enter my blog wanting to learn and I hope those of you who still have yet to choose a career, may consider teaching as your future career. It is an inspiring and rewarding career and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for me.  

Enter to learn, but share and enjoy with me all these experiences and memories that are about to be made.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment