Monday, August 13, 2012

Let's take a few steps back to...Graduation!!!


Now presenting...

Brittane Nederhoff, Class of 2012


Through my four years of college, I can say that overall, it was an enjoyable and meaningful experience; however, there were many ups and downs.  I can officially say that the University of Northern Iowa is my home away from home, not only because of the education I received but because of the friends I have met along the way and become best friends with.   

The University of Northern Iowa is one of the most known colleges for their Teacher Education program. It is known throughout the country, but especially the state of Iowa.  I had the opportunity to complete two and a half years at this wonderful college and it has provided me with so many meaningful and inspiring experiences.  This past May, I had the opportunity to walk with the Class of 2012.  Although I am not an "official" graduate until after student teaching, the college allows their student teachers to walk in the spring with the rest of the Class of 2012.  I could not have asked for a better four years of college, but this day was truly the best day of my life.  I have come so far from the first day of freshman year of college and I can say that I am truly happy and blessed in so many ways.  So through this post, I would like to share photos of my graduation...these photos include everything from receiving my diploma, spending my special day with my amazing family, as well as celebrating with some of my closest friends I have met along the way.  Hope you enjoy! :)

Let the memories begin...

This photo is taken right before I received my diploma...I can't even tell you what I was thinking at this moment besides..."Brittane, do not trip in front of thousands of people!" :)


This next photo is of me receiving my diploma from the Dean of Education.  At this point I'm shaking and tearing up because I can't believe, after four years, this time is finally here.


Celebration time!!! 
These next few photos are of some close friends that I have met throughout my time at UNI and I can proudly say that they had an amazing effect on my education and are all great girls with amazing futures ahead of them.   I am so lucky to call them my friends and so happy I could share this special day with them!

Nicole and I...Random friendship, but we are great friends.  We met each other through one of our classes, found out we both wanted to student teach in Chicago, and from there, we have become amazing friends.  She is a faithful friend, always being there for me when I need her and I'm so happy we will be together when completing our student teaching experience.

Kelly and I...strange but fun story...we met as coworkers at Scheels, both attended UNI but studied different majors.  She is truly an awesome girl who has been there for me through everything.  I could not ask for a more amazing friend than her.  She is majoring in Leisure Youth and Human Services and is currently completing an internship with the Ankeny Recreation Center.  You go girl! :)


Erin (right) and Kaitlin (middle) are some of the most fun and hilarious girls ever.  Wow, where do I begin.  Alright, so I knew of these girls a few months into attending UNI, but had never really gotten really close to them.  Having class after class with one another, we became friends and I have never laughed so hard in my life at these two girls.   Even though we are now separated by student teaching, I still remain in touch with them through Facebook and Twitter.  They are amazing friends and hopefully, maybe someday, I will be lucky enough to call them my coworkers.  Until then, I know they have both made an impact in my life and the day we meet back up, it'll be just like normal.  Goodluck out there girls! :)  
Sending best wishes to both of you!


These next few photos are of my amazing family who have supported me through everything...yes, LITERALLY everything!  Without them, I would be lost and have no idea what I would be doing with my life right now.  My parents have supported me in every decision I have made, whether it be transferring schools, friendship changes, etc.  They are truly the best parents and I am so lucky to be raised in such a caring and loving family.  I give thanks to God everyday for the life they have brought me. 


 Next are my sisters...they aren't just my sisters but truly my best friends.  I cannot thank God enough every day for blessing me with two older sisters...I can't imagine life without them.  I'll begin with Brooke...she knows how to keep me in line and throughout the past year, we have grown incredibly close.  She knows every little thing about me and I cannot be more thankful for that.  Brie is like my twin who doesn't exist, but through every journey we've had, it's made our relationship stronger and stronger. 
 
I am truly blessed for my family and friends.  They have been my support system, the encouragement I needed, a shoulder to cry on, someone to laugh with, but most of all...role models.  Every single person who has come into my life has affected me in some positive way, and I learn something from each and every one of them.  I truly can say that my graduation day was one day that will never be forgotten.  To share this amazing day with so many of the people I love the most is an awesome feeling.  

Last but not least....I graduated!!! :)


Overall, an amazing day shared with amazing people and I hope that through this, everyone becomes inspired to receive a four year degree, meet inspiring people, and just enjoy life because it has so many great things to offer. 

Thank you to all who helped me celebrate on this special day...it is a day that will never be forgotten <3.

No comments:

Post a Comment