Thursday, October 25, 2012

iPad's for Preschoolers?

Hey everyone,

Once again, I apologize.  It's been forever since I've blogged...but I'm happy to say that I am adjusting to the city life and my preschool student teaching experience has been very enjoyable.

Now...for some crazy news...

Our preschoolers were introduced to iPads!  And they LOVED them!  Yep, that's right.  My preschoolers are learning from iPads.  Let's think back to the time when I was in school...and I don't think I played on a computer until middle school.  Oh how times have changed.

However, I have invested in my own iPad and I am so in love with it.  I love the fact that this young generation is being exposed to technology at such a young age and it's so amazing to see how quickly they pick up on how to use them, how much they love them, etc.

Now, we didn't just let them play silly games for an hour.  The games they were introduced to were learning shapes and learning letter games.  They absolutely loved them and some students were engaged in the games for over twenty minutes.  It was so crazy because before beginning the iPad's with the preschoolers, I figured that they wouldn't be engaged for over two minutes.  However, I definitely was wrong and they absolutely loved them.   Below are a few pictures of the preschoolers using the iPads :) Enjoy!

iPads for Preschool!
They are so engaged!

This picture is my favorite :)

Recognizing shapes!

Free time!

I am so blessed to say that I get to student teach in a school that has 1:1 iPads in every classroom and have the experience to use technology in my everyday lessons.  It's amazing to see how times have changed but I know they are only changing for the better...but sometimes I think to myself, these preschoolers probably know more about iPads then I do!

I hope you enjoyed the pictures and are enjoying reading my posts about my student teaching in Chicago.  It's been an adjustment, but I'm slowly learning to love it.  I'm not going to lie...it's definitely a struggle, but it's a good struggle and I'm just always reassuring me that God is doing everything in my life for a reason and I am so blessed to say that I have God to lead me through every time...whether it is good or bad.

Until next time, stay safe. Thanks for listening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment