Monday, October 29, 2012

Weekend Fun!

One thing I love about Chicago...there is SO MUCH to do on the weekends!  As much as I want to relax and just be at home, I know I can't because my time in Chicago is just going to fly!  So let me update you on my past weekend!

Friday night, Brie and I had a date night at home and also out to eat.  First, we baked cutout cookies in honor of Halloween!  This is a yearly tradition for Brie, and sometimes myself if she is around me :)!  We then enjoyed dinner and drinks at Miller's Alehouse!  Check out the pictures below to see how we enjoyed our Friday night! :)

Our yummy Halloween cutout cookies!!! :)

Date night! :)

Saturday, Brie, Lyndsi (Brie's roommate), Nicole (my friend also student teaching in Chicago), and myself enjoyed a trip to Wrigleyville to watch the Iowa Hawkeye football game at an Iowa Hawkeye-themed bar called Merkles!  We then headed back home and took a nap :)!  After nap time, I had my first babysitting job in downtown Chicago!!! I was so excited to get back into the babysitting experience and truly enjoyed my evening babysitting in downtown Chicago.  It blessed me with time to hang out and play with kids again and also get some homework done once they were in bed :)!  Much needed, relaxing evening!

Enjoying our afternoon at Merkle's!

Brie and Lyndsi at Merkle's! :)

Nicole and I :) Love her!

Love us :) Go Hawks!!!

Sunday morning, Brie and I woke up and attended church at 11:00 AM!  It's so nice for Brie to find a church she loves and invite me to it to enjoy with her.  The church is truly amazing and it's so nice to know that one thing is the same wherever you go..and that is God.  He's always there for you no matter what town, city, or state you live in.  It's perfect.  After church, Brie and I decided to spend a couple hours in downtown Chicago enjoying the nice weather and pretty scenery.  The weather was beautiful and it's so nice to go downtown when you know exactly where you are going.  I must say this is probably the first time we went downtown and didn't get lost! :)  Check out the pictures below to see our enjoyable afternoon in the city! :)

Brie and I taking a picture in the Bean at Millenium Park!

Do you like my outfit!?

Love this picture!

It was an enjoyable afternoon downtown, and we returned back home and I was in bed by 8:30 PM.  I was one tired girl and knew I had to catch up on sleep before the week began again!  Now that I've filled you in on my exciting weekend in Chicago, I hope you were all blessed with a good weekend and also had a wonderful Monday!  

Until next time...stay safe.  Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment