Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Plans for our Tuesday evening...?

What's my sister and I's normal plan for a Tuesday evening...hmm...get home, catch up, maybe workout (Brie), eat supper, go to bed.

Well...last night was different!! :)

We got FREE tickets to.......here's a hint...



keep guessing....

nope, still not it....

alright, you're getting closer....

you got it....

A CHICAGO BULLS BASKETBALL GAME!

Yep, that's right.  We got them for FREE!  Do you want to know how?

Let me inform you....

William H. Brown Elementary school (my student teaching school) was adopted by the Chicago Bulls basketball team.  For those of you who don't know...the United Center (where the Bulls play) is diagonal across from my school.  It's a pretty awesome view and alot of people would die to be that close to the United Center.  Anyways, back on subject.  My school is adopted by the Chicago Bulls, and they give the school any extra tickets...for FREE...if the game is not sold out for the night.

Tuesday around noon...the principal came over the intercom and announced a few teachers who got COURTSIDE tickets to the game because they turned in all their paperwork on time (lesson plans, assessments, etc.)  And guess what?! My cooperating teacher was one of them!   She got a courtside ticket to the BULLS game!! How sweet right?!  Well, the principal continued on and said our students could help the other teachers win tickets to the game...so what'd my students do...THEY WON ME FREE TICKETS TO THE CHICAGO BULLS GAME!!!



Anyways, long story short....my sister and I had a date to the Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks basketball game last night...for FREE!  For the night we spent $20!  Cheap date right!?  $120 tickets and we got them for FREE!  I realized that this is not an opportunity that comes along every day and I decided to take full advantage of it...even if I was lacking sleep today!  (My teacher was too) :)!  I made Brie put off her studying and said, "Sorry sis...but we got to do it!  IT'S FREE!"  She was in love with me for the whole night :)!  We had a great night and I couldn't have asked for a better date to the game!  She's always up for a good time and this is why we love living in the city...we can make spontaneous trips anywhere and we're always both in love with everything we do!  It was such a fun night and we had a great time!  Below is a few pictures from the game!  Check them out!

Warming up!

Brie and I at the game!
Benny the Bul!

P.S.... BULLS WON!!! 100-94!!! WOOHOOO!  Go Bulls!!!

Also...for those of you who don't know...my Grandpa and Grandma Manlick are AVID BULLS FANS...so I had to call them the minute I found out I got free tickets!  They were both very jealous but I told them if they could be there in four hours...they could have the tickets!! No worries Grandpa and Grandma...I took a picture for you!  This one is dedicated to you!!! :) Couldn't get a picture WITH him...but I got a picture OF HIM!!! :)

GO BULLS! :)

Thanks all for listening...Until next time, stay safe. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment