Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pumpkin Exploration!

It's FALL!!! Which means....time for pumpkins!!! :) Yep, even in preschool we explore pumpkins!

I'm so excited to share this pumpkin exploration activity with all of you.  My students were so engaged and loving every minute of this activity.  Also, this is my first small group activity I got to lead with the students and I'm very pleased with how it went!  They were so involved and were making so many comments and asking so many questions which means they were highly engaged and learning so many new things.

For this activity...we provided the students with a pumpkin to explore.  They could explore the outside of the pumpkin as well as the inside...yep, I said it..they got to explore the INSIDE of the pumpkin!  When they found this out, they went CRAZY!! :) I provided the students with many different materials to explore the pumpkin with including scientists' goggles, magnifying glasses, weigh scales, spoons, etc.  They loved it and they absolutely LOVED acting like scientists.  Check out the pictures below...they are adorable :)!

Exploring the pumpkin!

He's really checking them out! :)

What are you finding in there?! :)

Examining and counting the seeds!

I love this one <3


These preschoolers are seriously winning over my heart one minute at a time.  I was very worried that I would not like this young of aged students, but I'm finding that each day I spend more time with them...they are truly the best.  They absolutely love school and they love their teachers.  They love learning and they are willing to try anything..even if it's just once.  Who can say right now that they are doing this in their life?  Nope.  None of us...besides three and four year olds.  These kids have so much to offer in life and I'm so happy I get to be part of their life for the next eight weeks.  I feel like I will truly impact them and their lives and they are truly impacting my lfie...every single minute I spend with them.  I find myself home at night thinking about them...just praying I see their smiling faces the next day.  They are the best kids and I am so lucky I get to spend the next eight weeks with them.

I thank God every day for blessing me with this opportunity...I know it will teach me so many important things about life and my future career that will impact me and the rest of the years in my life.

Thanks all for listening...hope you enjoyed the pictures.  Until next time...stay safe. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment