Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pumpkin Patch Field Trip


Pumpkin Patch Fun

On Tuesday, we took a field trip to the Bengtson's Pumpkin Patch Farm located about an hour away from our school.  For many of my students, it was their first field trip, their first bus ride, and their first trip to a pumpkin patch farm.  Let me tell you...they were EXCITED.  The picture below shows how excited my bus buddy was on the way to the pumpkin patch...for about the first 20 minutes.  Then, he fell asleep for the rest of the bus ride..long trip for the little ones :)!

My bus buddy :)
We had 30 preschoolers join us on the field trip along with 8 parents who served as chaperones.  Once we arrived at the pumpkin patch, each chaperone took two or three kids and went and explored the pumpkin patch.  I had two boys and one girl in my group and we had SO MUCH FUN at the pumpkin patch.  I was enjoying it just as much as the kids were. Imagine that :)!  At the pumpkin patch, they had more than just pumpkins to explore.  There was so many things to do including a corn maze, a hayride, watching pig races, looking at baby farm animals as well as big farm animals.  They had a huge playground, haybales with corn inside them (see picture below), tons of pumpkins, ghourds, and other things to look at.  I could never cover all of the things that were there even if I tried my hardest! 

Here are some pictures of my preschoolers and I enjoying our day at the pumpkin patch!  Hope you enjoy!

Exploring how to make water from pumping....


A preschooler watching a baby feed off of a mom...he was amazed! :)


My group and I getting ready to enjoy our trip on the hayride!


The baby animal barn :)


These weird fake people were all over the benches at the pumpkin patch. The kids loved them...except one who asked me if it would bite him.  Haha, kids ask the best questions! :)


Enjoying the pig races!!!  Can't say I've ever seen this done before!


Practicing milking a cow...definitely a first time thing for all my preschoolers!


Haybales with corn inside of it...served as a play pit for the kids!  They loved it! :)


My group and I sitting on a bench in front of a pumpkin! :)


Ms. Thoresen and her group enjoying the corn maze!


One of my preschoolers is WANTED for smashing a pumpkin :)!  Haha, too funny.


The students really enjoyed the pumpkin patch and I was so happy I was able to attend the field trip with them.  This was the first field trip with a group of students I had ever taken and it was so much fun.  I truly enjoyed being outside and exploring the pumpkin patch with all the kids.  It also made me feel like I was at home again and it was amazing to see how much the kids learned from me as well as from exploring the pumpkin patch on their own.  I hope you all enjoy the pictures.  The pictures do not do justice to show how much fun we had...but at least you can get a little hint of what my students got to explore and how much fun they had with the pumpkin patch!

Until next time...stay safe. <3 Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment